• Reminder 2015 Club dues are now dues, mail your dues to Bill Oliver and he will send out your new membership card and the new combo to the gate. Dues this year are still $50.00 don't delay do it today.
• Updated membership roster in "Members Only" section
Note: User name is "propsnap"... Pass word is 2015 gate code.
Monthly Club Newsletters: Mar15 | Feb15 | Jan15 | Dec14 | Nov14 | Oct14 | Sept14|May14 | Apr14
Membership Forms: • Application • Invoice/Release
Who we are:
The Propsnappers is a Maine corporation established in 1963 to promote and encourage the hobby of building and flying radio controlled model airplanes. The club is non-profit organization, which holds monthly meetings throughout the year, sponsors flying contests in the summer, and operates a flying field for the use of its members. The field is located off Green Rd. in Scarborough, ME. Directions to our Flying Field!
Cost of Membership:
Yearly regular dues are $50.00; Youth are free. A one time initiation fee if $10.00 is assessed for new members, members joining after September pay the full years dues and are credited for the following years dues. An instructor fee $25 per season is required for all members needing flying lessons.
Club members must also become members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), apply for membeship on the AMA website.
Membership applications for the Propsnappers Club are available at Ray & Robin’s Hobby Center, 65 Gray Road, Falmouth, ME 797-5196. Or download the application from this website and mail to our club Treasurer.
Benefits of Membership:
• Members have the use of the club field from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm seven days a week, in conformity with the club’s field rules.
• Members get help in learning to fly. A novice night is held each Thursday evening, with experienced fliers help novices learn to fly.
• Members may engage in friendly competition.
• Members enjoy the fellowship of club meetings held first Wednesday of each month to discuss upcoming events and building secrets. The membership meeting starts at 6:30PM.
Local Area Clubs:
Skystreakers - New Gloucester Maine. See Skystreakers Classified Adds: Link
Brunswick Area Modelers - ( BAM )
Southern Maine Radio Control Helicopter Association - ( SMRCHA )
Kennebec Valley Model Aviators - ( KVMA )
Downeast Soaring Club
Cumberland R/C Racers
Other Links of Interest:
Ray & Robins Hobby Center - ( Local Area Events Listing )
Annual Jet Rally in Sanford, Maine